Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dancing Tissues

Hey all, I am once again blogging from the train station. Okay, it’s not really a train station, it’s KL Sentral. Which is just a… transportation quarters? LOL! I know, I am extremely amusing to myself right now -.- I am sipping on ice lemon tea. Normal people SIP coffee/tea. I, on the other hand, sip iced tea. Like, doesn’t that just go against EVERYTHING?! No? Yeah? Ok. I realize that I’m bloodyASS bored here =D Let’s all grin like that. C’mon people, GRIN! =D

Pffft. Life is sad sometimes, you know. Things happen, you feel depressed, and the next thing you know, DEATH! KAboom. Yeah, I WAS thinking of leaving this place a la explosion. Leave my mark, man! Literally =P

ANYWAYS, what I really wanted to write about was what I’ve been up to! Which, if you think about it, is what a blog is supposed to be for O.o *imagines people staring blankly at my lame attempt at entertainment* Oh wells, so college has been REALLY great. I’m loving it! (Just like you love McDonald’s :O) First day of orientation was a bit of a sucky day. Didn’t know anyone and was kinda bored actually. But I made some friends after awhile. I met my now friend, Jirwan. Then he introduced me to KelVin, Esther and Sarah and I was like yay, I know new people! LOL. They like to play pool and Esther and I don’t play really. I suck so bad. Since we go to Asia Café quite frequently I’m FORCED to play. I guess I’m slightly better? O.o Haha.

Last last week we got our injections for typhoid--which made my arm feel funny-- and collected our uniforms. Have the chef get up as well as the whole knife set =D. SUPERASS sharp it’s insane. I cut myself TWICE already; yesterday and the day before. GRRR! Speaking of which, I love my practical classes! Especially Pastry and Kitchen Prac. For kitchen we’ve learned the different names for the types of cutting (there are too many!), how to turn potatoes, and yesterday we cooked some sautéed veg and a tomato fondue. Me and jirwan were in a team. So all the groups had to place their dishes on the table and the teacher wrote comments. I was so happy ours was good! Only bad one was: too many onions. But I love onions!(we ate it up =P)

Pastry class has been TOTALLY awesome. Chef Karam got his training in UK and worked in Canada for 25 years. Such a long time and he’s so experienced! Our first class and he already put us to work, which I love. At least he doesn’t baby us but actually trust us to produce something. We made cream caramel (just the perfect consistency, sweetness and colour! *sighhh*) and scones (Chef Karam claims his is the best in Malaysia. Agreed =D). Yesterday we made Butter Muffins (was supposed to be a cake but decided on muffins) which were light but tasted so GOODD. Because our class is the last on the schedule, he extends it and let’s us make EXTRA stuff. He made some chocolate mousse and I nearly died when I tried it. ORAGASMIC. Lol.

Restaurant Prac is quite interesting too, but not really my thing =P With the waitressing uniform and all. We have to learn about setting tables, the million different cutleries and crockery and 40+ different beverage glasses. Lol.

So far, theory classes are just ok. Staring at slides…. *sleep* =) Kidding! Just saying I’m GLAD there’s only 2 hours a week of it. Plus IT Class makes it 4.

College life is pretty different. Ok, totally different. Lol. I guess I feel it more cuz I’ve moved to KL? I donno. But, living with Ira, just the two of us is awesome (in terms of not sharing my room =P). I’ve gotten into the routine of it all. You know, cooking, washing clothes, keeping the place tidy, walking back from college and just go anywhere if I want (which I don’t because traffic here’s a bitch. I mostly travel to do my grocery shopping. Lol). I miss home though. –end of melancholy moment—

Oh yeah, on Monday I met up with Laura at Midvalley. It’s been a long time since I saw her so it was really fun =) We walked over to The Garden’s cuz there was an art shop there she wanted to check out. I was seriously amused with all the supplies they had there! I can stay there for hours, really. Then I went to FOS cuz Shera said they sell lots of Junk food shirts! But the stock for that week wasn’t that great so I didn’t get anything =/. I guess I have all year to buy one huh? LOL.

Right now, I’m not at KL Sentral anymore but at the Old KTM station. Yeah, I’m hoppin' about *stares at pogo stick*. I couldn’t catch the 12 o clock bus from Sentral because nobody checked in there which sucks, but I guess an extra two hour wait isn’t too bad.. NOT! I wanna get back to Penang now! All my precious time! Must not sleep at all… Argggg *morphs into Zombie* :O What a surprise that would be for my friends eh? hoho

Ooh, they just served me coffee. Aww, I feel the love *grins like an idiot* How sad am I huh?

Hmmm, seems my old school is having some “FIESTA” woahhhhh. Like WHOAAHHHH. I’m so excited. WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. *gets slapped with a brick* =P I guess I should ‘give it the benefit of the doubt’ blablabla. I’ll just keep low expectations then everyone will be happy. =)….. =|….=/…

Gosh, depressing. Well, Imma get off now. I can’t even post this as there is NO connection & for some reason none of my sms’ can be sent o.O. TOTAL assification. Meh.

5 comments:

Monica said...

*stares blankly at Carol's lame attempt at entertainment*

Monica said...

JOKE! :P
Dude. I want the best scones in Malaysia ): WHY YOU DEPRIVING ME OF SUCH NECESSITIES?! *hits you with ninja blades*

DancingMonkay said...

hehe YAY!!! my names on ur blog !! =D *jumps and clicks ankles* btw whats a now friend ?? hahah

Spazzomaniac said...

.....THANKS, Mon. Really. -.-

KADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Now friend is like.....

*grins widely as an explanation*
LOL

MEIYEN said...

Update update! :P